***How Do I Recover Guap Wallet***

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, King Of New York said:

Still no lucky recovering my wallet this message pops up

Oh sorry!  We'll get you there!  Good news is you have your private keys so we can make it happen.  Instead of typing importwallet, type importprivkey followed by one of your private keys, so it will look like this: importprivkey 12345678GBQA 

On 9/6/2021 at 1:13 AM, Keith said:

Bummer, sorry!  I know this has been a long, probably stressful process.  We're not giving up on you!  We just gotta figure out why your command isn't working. 

1. Are you using wallet version 2.3.1 (you'll see it in the lower left corner of your wallet)?  You need that version.
  2. Just to make sure, you've got your private keys, not just your public wallet address, right?
  3. Make sure your wallet is unlocked before entering the importprivkey command
  4. Are you typing your private key manually, or pasting it from somewhere else? Copying and pasting is best when possible to avoid typos.
  5. Make sure to type your command like this: importprivkey 12345678 (and then hit enter)

Let me know any updates.  Feel free to private message me if you prefer.

im typing in the private key but i will copy and past to see if that works. thank u

• 1 month later...

Ok, the wallet typically says that when the command isn't recognized as a valid command.  Let's double check a few things:

1. Are you using wallet version 2.3.1 (you'll see it in the lower left corner of your wallet)?  You need that version.
  2. When you hover over the circle arrows in the upper menu, does it say synchronized?

Let me know if there's a good time for you, and we could DM and try to solve it if I'm available.  I tested the importprivkey on my wallet and it worked so I want to help you out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, King Of New York said:

i need help to recover my guap wallet. can someone help me

Are you still having the same troubles you noted up above? You can also try chatting in the Telegram support group and some community members might be able to help you out in a more real-time way too: https://t.me/joinchat/HgQWhIFCqaeXLzPF

If you have your private key, the basic steps are:

1. On the new computer, install the new 2.3.2 Guapcoin wallet from here: https://guapcoin.org/get-guap/
  2. Once the wallet is fully installed and synced, make sure it is unlocked.
  3. Go to settings > debug > console and type this in the command line (I'm entering 12345 as a fake private key but you replace it with your true private key copied and pasted if possible so you don't mis-type) : importprivkey 12345
  4. Then hit enter and it should import your wallet to the desktop wallet.
  • Like 1